Research Support facilitates the development and promotion of research in AIT. Ultimately research support aims to increase the research performance of AIT through supporting
researchers to identify funding opportunities and develop successful research proposals to attract external funding to AIT to deliver on the research strategy and ambitions of AIT.
The research support services include a range of supports such as:
- Identify sources of funding opportunities for researchers
- Support researchers in the development and review of research proposal
- Provide AIT endorsement for research proposals from AIT
- To manage and coordinate the Research TimeRelease programme
- To manage and coordinate the Internal President Seed Funding programme
- To assist researchers in identifying research partners searches both national and international
Research Support in the days to day running of support to researchers;
- liaises with finance, postgraduate and technology transfer,
- offers advice on Pre and Post research award and the management of same,
- supports researchers on developing and organising training for career development,
- supports research ethics with the approval process and advice on the research ethics application process
- in the development of research related polices.
Many of the research funding agencies as below;
Feasibility Grants Innovation partnerships
Science Foundation Ireland
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is the national foundation for investment in scientific and engineering research.
Irish Research Council
The Irish Research Council is an independent and autonomous research funding and monitoring body established in March 2012.
The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation
Health Research Board
HRB is the lead agency in Ireland supporting and funding health research. We provide funding, maintain health information.
Environmental Protection Agency
Ireland’s statutory body for the balanced and sustainable protection and management of the environment.
Royal Irish Academy