Our Research and Innovation Centres:
- 90 Postgraduate students.
- 47 dedicated Research, Innovation and Enterprise staff.
- 80% of Projects involve an industrial partner.
- €15,000 average industrial partner contribution to a collaborative project.
- Since 2007 completed more than 1,000 industry projects with over 250 companies.
- In July 2014, MIRC client Innocoll had an Initial Public Offering on the NASDAQ - becoming one of only 21 companies in Ireland with a listing on the US exchange.
- In July 2015, AIT became the second IoT in Ireland to achieve the prestigious HR Excellence in Research award by the EU Commission.
- As of June 2016, of the 37 Knowledge Providers on the island of Ireland participating in the Enterprise Ireland Innovation Vouchers programme, AIT ranked 2nd having completed 329 Vouchers.
- KTI– Annual Review & Annual Knowledge Transfer Survey 2016 – AIT second in the IOT sector for Total number of collaboration, Innovation Voucher, and consultancy services agreements with industry.
- The performance of AIT’s Midlands Innovation and Research Centre has been validated by Enterprise Ireland’s award of €3m funding for the 1,100m2 expansion of the MIRC in 2018.