Research Support facilitates the development and promotion of research in AIT. Research Support aims to increase the research performance of AIT through supporting researchers in identifying funding opportunities and developing successful research proposals to attract external funding - delivering on the research strategy and ambitions of AIT.
Research support services include:
Day-to-day support of researchers:
The following are among the research funding agencies we work with:
- Enterprise Ireland works in partnership with Irish enterprises to help them start, grow, innovate and win export sales in global markets.
- Science Foundation Ireland is the national foundation for investment in scientific and engineering research.
- Irish Research Council is an independent and autonomous research funding and monitoring body.
- EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation - Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years to 2020.
- Health Research Board is the lead agency in Ireland supporting and funding health research.
- Environmental Protection Agency is Ireland’s statutory body for the balanced and sustainable protection and management of the environment.
- Royal Irish Academy supports scholarship and promotes awareness of how science and the humanities enrich our lives and benefit society.
- Wellcome Trust supports scientists and researchers in taking on big problems to improve health for everyone.
- European Space Agency is Europe’s gateway to space - its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability.