APT (Applied Polymer Technologies) is an Enterprise Ireland funded Technology Gateway hosted by the Materials Research Institute (MRI) at Athlone Institute of Technology. APT provides an easy to use access point to all of the facilities and expertise available at the MRI and the greater Gateway network to all industrial and academic collaborators.
APT (Applied Polymer Technologies) works closely with industrial collaborators in all sectors employing polymeric (plastic) materials to tackle both short and long term materials and process challenges.
What Does APT Do?
APT is providing solutions, product development support and troubleshooting
skills for companies using plastics materials. APT provides industry with access to:
- Pilot and Production scale Injection Moulding, Over Moulding and Blow Moulding
- Thermoforming, Extrusion and Compounding lines
- Advanced Analytical Facilities for materials research, testing and troubleshooting
- Design, Rapid Prototyping, Insert Tooling and Micro-Moulding Capabilities
- Unrivalled Polymer Materials Formulation and Development Expertise