Becoming a PASS Leader
Students from first year can apply to become PASS leaders until 1st April.
The application process is now fully online; to apply to become a PASS Leader read the information below and click on the link at the bottom of the page.
We are looking for PASS Leaders who will:
- Volunteer roughly 2.5 hours per week during semester one to plan, facilitate and review PASS sessions.
Attend two days of mandatory training in August.
Plan and manage one PASS session a week – 8 weeks in total.
Be enthusiastic, supportive, approachable, and who are able to pass on advice based upon their own experience of first year.
Encourage students in their group to learn by sharing ideas and supporting each other.
Facilitate small group discussions and feedback.
Keep in touch with their group between PASS sessions via email, Moodle or Facebook.
Complete a piece of reflective work (about 1,000 words) once sessions have concluded.
PASS Leader Benefits:
- Gain 5 ECTS credits for your role.
- Develop personal and professional skills: leadership and team working; organisation and time management; listening skills and interpersonal communication; facilitation and presentation skills.
- Increased confidence in speaking.
- Provides valuable experience to enhance your CVs.
- From July 2019 Garda Vetting is no longer required to become a PASS Leader.
- You must be available for training on August 26th and 27th 2020.
- You must pass all first year subjects.
- All communication will be to your AIT email address. It is every students’ responsibility to check their college email for notices or communication.