I am very pleased to extend a warm welcome to you to Athlone Institute of Technology.
You are about to embark on an exciting new chapter in your life, and I hope that the coming days will help you settle into your new environment. Our staff are looking forward to meeting you and will help you make the transition to third level.
While you are coming to college with a view to gaining a qualification that will help you secure employment, remember that it is also about meeting new people and gaining new experiences. This broader education is central to the AIT experience. I encourage you to get involved in Clubs and Societies and make use of the many opportunities that will be afforded to you in AIT. Finally, I just want to say thanks again for choosing AIT and I look forward to seeing you around the campus.
Prof. Ciarán Ó Catháin
Athlone Institute of Technology
Your Offer Process - coming to AIT for the first time
Having accepted your offer, the Registration Department will issue registration packs after the acceptance date. The packs will be posted to the address supplied on your CAO application.
1.Complete on-line Registration
2. NEW STUDENT INDUCTION: Your new student induction activities takes place over a 3 day period Tuesday 22nd - Thursday 24th September 2020. These activities take the form of remote access Zoom webinars which have been designed to get you off to a flying start and get to know fellow classmates.
3. TO GET READY for New Student Induction, you will need to follow the “Getting Started with IT Guide” included in your registration pack or online below. IT’S ESSENTIAL YOU DON’T LEAVE THIS UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!!
Your Induction Timetable classes have been divided into groups on your Faculty brochure below, to find your Induction group, look for your course title on the timetable in the brochure and follow the timetable directly underneath for that group. You will ACCESS ALL YOUR INDUCTION WEBINARS THROUGH MOODLE (the AIT Virtual Learning Environment). It is essential you follow the “Getting Started with IT Guide” steps TO access Moodle and your AIT e-mail, take some time to go into Moodle through the browser https://office.com.
Go ahead and explore on Moodle and most importantly check out your Faculty tile as this is where you will go to join your Induction webinars.
YOUR WELCOME WEBINAR. Complete the steps in the “Getting Started with IT Guide”. Look up your “Welcome Talk” time in your Induction timetable (see below brochure for your Faculty).
1. Open the browser https://office.com
2. Go to “Moodle”
3. Open the “Ultimate Guide for First Years” page and go to your Faculty tile.
4. Click on your “Welcome Talk” link to join a LIVE WEBINAR.