It can be hard to eat right in college, you might be living on a budget, use a busy communal kitchen and feel like you do not have time or skills to cook healthy nutritious meals. Here are some helpful tips:
- AIT canteen offers many healthy options for meal times.
- Start the day with breakfast; some fruit, wholemeal toast or some cereal/porridge is an ideal way to start the day.
- Try to limit fast food, don’t make a habit on relying on it regularly
- Try healthier snacks if hungry between meals e.g. yoghurt, fresh fruit, nuts.
- Limit sugar: sugar is nigh in calories but low in nutrition.
- Balanced meals: try to ensure your meals have some protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats. Eat a variety of veg and aim to have some fruit or veg with every meal.
- Stay hydrated: drink water throughout the day, there are water fountains throughout the campus, try to drink approx. 8 glasses a day, you will need more if exercising.