Ensure that you do the following;
- Research the employer and job
- Matching yourself to the job
- Academic qualifications
- Personal qualities - give concrete examples
- Be somebody special - make the most of your selling points
- Photocopy blank form
- Use black pen
- Pay attention to “open-ended” questions
- Be careful of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Do not have any section blank, unless it is quite obviously inappropriate to you
- Attach an extra page if required - but label it!
- Remember that the appearance of the form is the first impression you will give before a word is read
- If sending the application form direct to employer, attach a Covering Letter
- Keep a photocopy for yourself.
If you are really interested in the job you will take time and trouble over the application. If not, you will not - and the employer will know it.