EU Student Applications
Procedures for European Union Students 2022-23
Students applying for entry onto first-year programmes should do so via the Irish Central Applications Office (CAO), stating their preference to study in Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest and course code. The Central Applications Office (CAO) may be contacted at:
- Tel.: + 353 91 563269 or + 353 91 563318
- Fax: + 353 91 562344
- Web: www.cao.ie
Check the CAO website with respect to application deadlines.
Second, Third or Fourth Year Programmes
Applicants wishing to join a second, third or fourth year of a programme of study should apply online at www.tus.ie and supply the following information directly to the International Office, TUS:
- Detailed curriculum vitae in English;
- Certified transcripts of examination results and English language translations of qualifications not issued in English. Subjects and examinations results should be translated into English and transcript should be stamped by the International Office of the home institute. If examination results are not available until after the application deadline, please forward examination results when available;
- Evidence of ability to follow classes in the English language (which must satisfy Institute entry requirements) or letter from home institute confirming that the student has the ability to follow classes in English;
- Letter of recommendation from appropriate Head of Department of own institution;
- Any other relevant information regarding qualifications or previous work experience.
Minimum Entry Requirements
The minimum entry requirements for programmes at TUS are detailed below:
- Bachelor Degree (Honours) Level 8 - 180 credits
- Bachelor Degree (Ordinary) Level 7 - 120 credits
- Higher Certificate Level 6 Year 2 - 60 credits
Please note that the academic year will commence early in September 2022 and end on 20 June 2023.
A Student Services fee of €3100 for non-ERASMUS students is payable by students from within the European Union on registering at the Institute. This student services fee is subject to increase each year. Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest (Athlone Campus) does not offer scholarships or grants. Students are advised to contact the appropriate local agencies regarding this matter.
If you have any queries regarding the above procedures or require further information, please contact:
- Tel: + 353 90 6471818;
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit supporting documentation for your application to Annette Buckley, International Office, Technological University of the Shannon, University Road, Athlone, Co. Westmeath, Ireland or email to: email@example.com according to deadline: 15 May 2022.