Design, Technology & Innovation Summer School
AIT’s Summer School is seeking passionate Transition and 5th year students to take part in its Design, Technology & Innovation Summer School to spark innovative and creative thinking.
About the Design, Technology & Innovation Summer School
Are you a student who wants to experience collaboration, innovation, creative thinking, entrepreneurship and technology in an applied and hands on practical manner? Well at the AIT Design, Technology & Innovation Summer School you can immerse yourself in a fun and challenging week where you will get involved in practical hands on challenges that will spark your imagination and drive creativity.
Get hands on experience working in teams, gain new skills and get a taste of college life @ AIT. Companies all over the globe like Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Nike require Entrepreneurial, Innovation & Creativity skills, so why not start early and develop yours!
Who can sign up?
This Design, Technology & Innovation Summer School is aimed at secondary school students who want to spark their imagination, and open up a world of creativity and design. This is an exciting new programme, which will provide students with a blended learning experience integrating the disciplines of design, technology, creativity and entrepreneurship and innovation.
Students Eligible - TYs, 5th and 6th year students.
Dates, times & locations…
The AIT Design, Technology & Innovation Summer School will be held on campus at Athlone Institute of Technology, 11th – 15th June 2018, from 9:30am to 4:00pm.
The cost is FREE for students in our feeder schools.
All Participants will receive an AIT Summer Camp pack packaged in a goodie bag, consisting of a USB card, daily activity information, identity lanyards and refreshments. Prizes will also be awarded over the week.
What will I be doing?
· Ice Breaker and Team Building Activities
· Team building Activities
· Overview into the world of IDEATE
· Business Model Canvas Workshop & Business for Designers
· How do you create a brand identity? Brand Identity Workshop
· Team Building Exercise and Games
· Have you got your product right? Build it and Test it.
· User Testing / Product Concept and Validation Students will go into 3D printing and form a Make Lab to see their product realised
· Workshop Digital Marketing – Students will learn how to pitch and market your product in a digital and social world.
· An introduction to Idea Generation and Design Thinking.
· Walking in your Customer Shoes - User Behaviour Research Workshop
· Product Design
· Go to Market – Student will present and pitch their new products
This is the perfect opportunity for second level students who are sitting the leaving certificate in the coming years to come to AIT’s campus to experience first hand how fun third level can be. This summer school assumes no prior experience, except a curious and inquisitive mind. Learn how to think differently and use it to be more creative sparking innovation. Gain a deeper understanding of the process of design, technology and innovation!
The week long programme will allow an opportunity students to experience collaboration, innovation, creative thinking, entrepreneurship and technology in an applied and hands on practical manner. The overarching framework for the summer school is the “Design thinking” process of empathise, define, ideate, prototype and test – while ensuring that students have the business acumen and skills to consider the marketing and user implications of their product. Students will learn in a fun and interactive way through the marshmallow and lego challenge, business model canvas, protyping and 3D printing.
How to Apply…
To apply for a place on the AIT Summer School;
• Visit www.ait.ie/summerschool
• Closing date for applications is Wednesday 10 June 2018