Entrepreneurial & Innovation Summer Camp @ AIT Summer School
AIT’s Summer School is inviting passionate TY, 5th and 6th year students to take part in its Entrepreneurship & Innovation Summer Camp to spark your imagination.
About the Entrepreneurial & Innovation Summer Camp
Do you have a great idea? Do you want to learn how to run a business? Do you believe that you are a person who wants to change the world? Well at the AIT Summer School you can immerse yourself in a fun and challenging week where you will get involved in practical hands on challenges that will spark your imagination.
Get hands on experience working in teams, gain new skills and get a taste of college life @ AIT. Companies like Google, Kerry Group, P&G & GE all require Entrepreneurial, Innovation & Creativity skills, so why not start early and develop yours!
Who can sign up…
This Entrepreneurial & Innovation Summer Camp is aimed at young students who want to spark their imagination, open up their minds and challenge themselves. Our aim is to help develop a creative mind-set and show students how to ideate, develop, and pitch ideas. Students Eligible - TYs, 5th and 6th year students.
The AIT Entrepreneurial & Innovation Summer Camp will be held on campus at Athlone Institute of Technology, 19th – 23rd June 2017, from 9:30am to 4:30 pm.
The cost is FREE for students in our feeder schools.
All Participants will receive an AIT Summer Camp pack packaged in a goodie bag, consisting of a USB card, daily activity information, identity lanyards and refreshments. Prizes will also be awarded over the week.
What will I be doing?
• Ice Breaker and Team Building Activities.
• Students will engage in Innovation and Creativity & Professional Development Workshop.
• Marketing, finance and sales master class including guest talks from Enterprise Ireland.
• Students on the camp will work either on developing their own business idea or examining an existing business through the lens of the Business Model Canvas (BMC).
• Students will develop an idea from concept through to final pitches.
• Pitches will take place Dragons Den style to a panel of experts.
• Students will engage in visits to the Midlands Innovation & Research Centre ( MIRC), the APT – Applied Polymer Technologies and SRI – Software Research Centres.
This is a great opportunity for second level students who are sitting the leaving certificate in the coming years to come to AIT’s campus to experience first hand how fun third level can be. The camp assumes no prior experience, except a curious and inquisitive mind. Learn how to develop creative thinking and become a true innovator. Gain a deeper understanding of the process that is at the core of entrepreneurship and make new friends!
How to Apply…
To apply for a place on the AIT Summer School;
• Download the application form (See bottom of page)
• Email the application form to email@example.com
• Post the application form to Daniel Seery, Student Recruitment Office, Athlone Institute of Technology, Dublin Rd, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
• Closing date for applications is Wednesday 16 June 2017