There is no charge for submitting a request. In respect of non-personal requests, other charges may be applied for the time spent finding records and for any reproduction costs incurred in providing the material requested (search, retrieval and copying charges). Where the cost of search, retrieval and copying is less than €101, no fee is charged. Where the cost of search, retrieval and copying is greater than €500 but less than €700, a maximum charge of €500 applies. Where the cost of search, retrieval and copying is greater than €700, the body can refuse to process the request. Details of actual charges relating to a request will be notified to the requester in writing. A list of relevant fees is set out below:
List of Fees:
- There is no charge for submitting a request.
- Search and Retrieval – €20 per hour (for requests that exceed the €100 minimum in terms of search, retrieval and copying), subject to the ceilings mentioned above.
- €0.04 per sheet for a photocopy.
- Internal review fee €30 (€10 for medical card holders).
- Appeal to the Information Commissioner €50 (€15 for medical card holders).
- There is no charge if the records concerned contain only personal information relating to the applicant, unless there are a significant number of records.
- If you are claiming a reduced application fee, the request must be accompanied by the Medical Card registration number, issuing Health Board name and your consent to the verification of these details with that Health Board.
- A full list of fees is available on request.