Certificate Special Purpose Award in Child Protection and Welfare
Why take this course?
The main aim of the programme is to equip the Registered Nurse or professional with specialist knowledge and skills enabling them to function effectively as healthcare
providers within the area of Child Protection and Welfare. The knowledge gained will be evidence-based and aimed at bridging the gap between theory and practice.
What will I experience?
The learning outcomes will allow the student to:
• Review and assess evidenced-based information including Legislative Documentation.
• Critically evaluate the principles underlying Child Protection and Welfare issues.
• Critically review and evaluate on appropriate Child Protection/Welfare Policies and strategies.
• Critically review the appropriateness and effectiveness of reporting child welfare/protection concerns.
• Critically appraise the clinical, legal and ethical issues in relation to Child Protection and Welfare.
• Demonstrate the critical skills necessary for effective communication within the interdisciplinary and interagency teams.
Duration: 1 Semester
Delivery format: 1 Orientation Day with the remainder of the programme delivered through eLearning.
Enquiries: Ms Caroline McLoughlin Phone 0906468131 or
- Course Fees:
- on Application
- Course Commencement Date:
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 8
- Dept of Nursing & Healthcare, Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Be a Registered nurse or professional dealing with Child Protection and Welfare issues.