Postgraduate Diploma in Executive Management
Why take this course?
This Postgraduate Diploma is designed for senior managers, executives and consultants. The Postgraduate Diploma has been specifically designed to meet the needs of both practicing middle and senior managers. Whilst there is a strong emphasis on academic applied content, much of the assessment has been designed to ensure that this is applied to a variety of organisational contexts.
What will I experience?
After successfully completing the programme, participants will have demonstrated the competencies necessary to:
- Adopt analytical, systematic approaches toward problem solving and decision making, while simultaneously displaying an appropriate awareness and understanding of the sensitivities involved in the context of organisational dynamics;
- Participate in business planning and decision making at all levels from strategic to operational, while taking due cognisance of the legal, social, political and economic environments;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in situations/circumstances pertaining to executive management;
- Demonstrate personal qualities of empathy, leadership, team working;
- Manage their own learning and development, and evaluate their own experience through a reflective approach towards the impact of the programme on their lives;
- Be catalysts of change within their employing organisations, as a result of the adoption of creative and innovative approaches to opportunities and threats.
Blended Delivery - this course will be delivered part online and part face to face classroom based.
One year part-time and online.
Two evenings per week; 6.00pm/7.00pm to 10.00pm.
PLUS three Saturdays per semester.
Please note there will be Induction in AIT on Saturday 21 September 2019 - this is compulsory for all applicants.
Janine King, Department of Lifelong Learning
Department of Lifelong Learning, Athlone Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath.
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year
- Course Commencement Date:
Commencing 6.00pm | Week of 23 September, 2019
- Course Award:
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 9
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Participants will be required to have at least five years work experience within a management role. In addition, candidates should hold a recognised level 8 degree in any field and/or a relevant professional qualification.