Master of Science/Post Graduate Diploma Strategic HRM
Why take this course?
The MSc in Strategic HRM is designed for participants with human resources or people management experience who are looking to take the next step in their career to a senior people management role. This programme provides you with a unique opportunity to deepen your personal effectiveness and business acumen. You will learn how to design and manage your own strategy, enhance people management skills, recruit and nurture talent to sustain success, and reward and motivate the talent that is your workforce. In addition you will develop and undertake a research project relevant to your work area/interest.
What will I experience?
Within this programme you will have the opportunity to engage with the following modules:
- Work and working lives in a changing business environment
- People management and development strategies for performance
- Personal effectiveness, ethics and business acumen
- Business research in people practice
- Strategic employment relations
- Resourcing and talent management to sustain success
- Strategic reward management
- Organisation Design and Development
- Advanced Employment Law in practice
- Research Project
What opportunities might it lead to?
When you complete your qualification, you will be awarded CIPD Associate Membership, and you may use the designation “Assoc CIPD” after your name. This establishes your credibility as a professional, raises your profile and opens doors to new job opportunities.
You may also be able to apply for Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow, depending on your experience. This would recognise your ability to work strategically, handle complexity and influence business practices.
Successful completion of the programme provides potential access to appropriate level 10 programmes such as the Doctor of Philosophy in Business (by research) which is offered by TUS on the Athlone Campus.
The course is offered on a part-time basis over 2 academic years with classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6.30-9.30pm. Attendance is also required on 4 Saturdays.
- Course Duration:
- 2 Years P/T
- Registration Closing Date:
10 August, 2023
- Course Commencement Date:
12 September, 2023
- Course Award:
- Master of Science/Post Graduate Diploma
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 9
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Holders of an honours degree (Level 8) or equivalent. Recognition of prior learning and work experience can be taken into consideration.