Masters in Management in Education (MAME)
Why take this course?
The MA in Management in Education is a practical programme for education professionals to develop their knowledge, skills and competencies in educational leadership and management. The programme aims to develop participants’ self-confidence and self-efficacy as educational leaders and managers.
It meets the continuing professional development (CPD) needs of aspiring educational leaders and reflects best practice in educational leadership. By connecting theory to practice, participants are encouraged to actively engage and work with fellow professionals in order to enhance their learning experience.
What will I experience?
Mandatory Modules (60 credits)
• Academic Enquiry (10 credits)
• Leadership and Management in Education (10 credits)
• Educational Leadership and Personal Development (10 credits)
• Education Research Methods or Action Research in Education (10 credits)
• Education Research Project (20 credits)
Elective Modules (all 10 credits, choose three)
• Education Law
• Educational Innovation & Entrepreneurship
• Financial Management
• Human Resource Management
• Independent Learning Project
• Information Technology
• Public Relations in Education
• Strategic Planning and Development for Educators
• Sustainability in Education
Please contact, Dr Anne Graham Cagney, Programme Leader - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programme Administrator: Suzanne Ryan - T: 051 302225 E: email@example.com
Department of Education, WIT
For further details, please
- Course Fees:
- €700 per 10 credit module, €1400 per 20 credit module
- Course Duration:
- 2-5 Years
- Registration Closing Date:
14 September 2018
- Course Commencement Date:
Saturday 13 October 2018
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 9
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
An Honours Degree or equivalent and three years postgraduate experience. Applicants must have access to work in an educational organisation.