Master of Science/Post Graduate Diploma Environmental, Health and Safety Management
Why take this course?
This two-year part-time programme aims to provide participants with specialist knowledge in both environmental management and health and safety management. It offers participants an opportunity to reflect on their professional practice and gain a theoretical and critical perspective of issues associated with environmental, health and safety management.
What will I experience?
On successful completion of the programme, participants will:
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the major concepts and theories associated with environmental, health and safety management.
- Employ appropriate advanced data analysing, synthesising and summarising skills in a scientific research environment.
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the concepts and processes of risk management.
- Be able to implement risk assessment techniques in a number of diverse areas.
- Have a detailed knowledge of and apply current approaches to managing chemical and biological hazards.
- Understand how the principles of toxicology relate to occupational exposures.
- Discuss and formulate measures to prevent pollution and reduce waste through process design.
- Understand the effects of environmental hazards on the biotic and abiotic environment.
- Have a fundamental understanding of the Irish and European legal framework.
- Have a clear understanding of requirements in the main health, safety and environmental laws.
- Be able to demonstrate a knowledge that is integrated across the legal, financial and general business aspects of professional practice.
- Understand the role and importance of strategy in organisations.
- Understand the importance of compliance with legislation and the consequences of non-compliance.
Carmel Kealey - Programme Co-ordinator email@example.com
Cynthia Bradley - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Fees:
- €4650 per annum
- Course Duration:
- 2 Years P/T
- Course Commencement Date:
6.00pm Monday 18 September 2017
24 weeks per annum Monday and Wednesday 6.00pm to 10.00pm
- Course Award:
- Master of Science/Post Graduate Diploma
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 9
- Dept of Life & Physical Sciences
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Holders of a BSc (ordinary degree, Level 7) in Environmental, Health and Safety Management at Merit Grade 1 or equivalent, and with three years’ relevant work experience. This work experience does not necessarily imply additional experience to that which may already have been considered for entry to the undergraduate programme.
Holders of a Level 8 science or engineering degree with two years’ relevant post-qualification experience. Holders of a Level 7 science or engineering qualification at Merit Grade 1 and with three years’ relevant post-qualification experience.