Master of Business/Post Graduate Diploma in Business Master of Business in Advanced Business Practice
Why take this course?
Postgraduate Steps is a radically new approach to postgraduate education developed by Athlone Institute of Technology. Recognising that people’s higher education needs are diverse, Postgraduate Steps enables learners to undertake modules (subjects) that address their professional development needs, in a fashion that suits their diverse lifestyle. The MBS/PgD and Minor Awards in Advanced Business Practice provides further education and training to graduates of a business and cognate disciplines.
The Masters of Business Studies in Advanced Business Practice is aimed at enhancing core competencies (skills), developing an entrepreneurial spirit and employing critical thinking skills for the modern business environment. The content of the modules within the programme will reflect current professional development needs as articulated by Business Professionals.
Any learner, who enrols, on a single module, will have three potential avenues open to them as follows:
1. Completion of four designed modulesworth 40 credits in addition to the modules, “Research Methods” and“Dissertation”, leading to an award of a Master of Business Studies in Advanced Business Practice.
2. Completion of six designed modules overtime leading to an award of a Postgraduate Diploma in Business in Advanced Business Practice.
3. Completion of one designed module leading to a minor award associated with the Master of Business in Advanced Business Practice (level 9).
What will I experience?
Modules are developed in line with graduate and industry requirements in a timely fashion.
Services Marketing Management will commence in September 2017.
This programme is built module by module. The process involves an on-going consultation and collaboration with a wide array of the Institute’s strategic partners in enterprise and business graduates in order to identify the areas within their profession/sector where there is a skill and/or educational deficit. Based on bi-annual findings, the Institute will develop a series of designed modules to meet the needs of the employee, employer, and sectoral demands while addressing emerging issues in the business environment. This innovative process is designed to respond to the sector’s education needs in a flexible, timely and appropriate manner.
The MBS/PgD in Advanced Business Practice offers:
- Flexibility of provision: evening course, day release or weekend hours
- Flexible modes of delivery (lectures, tutorials, discussions, blended learning, group work, case studies, problem solving)
- Work based assessments to encourage reflective practice
- On-going review and consultation with business leaders, to ensure currency and adaptability to address changes within the business environment as they occur.
- Support the learning, enhancement of skills and professional development for Business Graduates.
Enquires: Owen Ross email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Fees:
- €750 per module
- Course Duration:
- 2+ Years P/T
- Course Commencement Date:
September 2017 - Each module will run over one semester. The learner has the flexibility to decide the period of time they take to achieve an MBS or PgD award (up to a maximum of ten years).
- Course Award:
- Master of Business/Post Graduate Diploma in Business
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 9
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Applicants must hold a level 8 award in Business or a cognate discipline at a minimum 2.2 level.
Careers & Opportunities
Graduates can reasonably expect to rise to more advanced positions, including Senior Executive Level, and command salaries commensurate with their status.
There is currently no work experience or work placement for this course.