Introduction to Mindfulness
Why take this course?
”Mindfulness is about being fully awake in our lives. It is about perceiving the exquisite vividness of each moment.” - Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindfulness involves paying attention to our moment-by-moment experience of thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment. Mindfulness also involves having an accepting and non-judgemental attitude towards our experience in the present moment. Many studies have demonstrated how mindfulness practice can reduce stress and improve emotional regulation, focus, and executive functioning.
What will I experience?
• The basics of mindfulness meditation practice
• Mindfulness practices to reduce stress and anxiety
• Mindfulness techniques for dealing with difficult emotions
• Practices that cultivate positive states of mind
• The role mindfulness plays in interpersonal relationships
• Mindfulness practices for coping with pain
• Mindful eating and mindful movement techniques
• Mindfulness in the workplace
• Mindful parenting
• Support for developing a daily mindfulness practice
Enquiries: Janine King - email@example.com
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 20 Weeks
- Course Commencement Date:
7.00pm Wednesday 20 September 2017
- Dept of Lifelong Learning