Higher Diploma in Science Agile Software Design
Why take this course?
This Level 8 Award is specifically designed to up-skill graduates with:
- The technical skills to build software applications that can be deployed to the cloud in an agile manner.
- Knowledge of the tools and methodologies needed to develop and deploy software applications.
- Experience of working in teams to deliver a project and preparation for the workplace.
A predominant theme of this programme is a focus on industry standard certifications and open source tools so that graduates are prepared for the workplace.
What will I experience?
The Object Oriented Programming modules cover the Oracle Java Certified Associate syllabus and some material from the Oracle Java Certified Professional syllabus.
The Agile Design and Testing modules includes Scrum Master training material and ISTQB Foundation level material, as well as practical experience of test automation tools and version control systems.
In the Team Project modules learners will work as part of a team in a “simulated industry environment” to develop a solution to an industry type problem. The Team Projects are a fundamental element where the group work facilitates peer-supported learning.
For additional information about this programme, please contact:
Dr Enda Fallon,
Head of Department,
Computer and Software Engineering,
Tel: (090) 647 1877
- Course Fees:
- €7,500 EU applicants; €12,500 non-EU *Fees subject to change
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year
- Course Duration:
- 2 Years P/T
- Registration Closing Date:
How to apply to this programme at TUS Athlone Campus:
- Course Commencement Date:
- Course Award:
- Higher Diploma in Science
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 8
- Dept of Computer and Software Engineering
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Level 7 qualification in ICT related discipline (engineering or software)
Level 8 qualification in a non-engineering/ICT discipline.