Higher Diploma Higher Diploma in Leadership (Springboard)
Why take this course?
The course is designed for those who have decided they wish to develop knowledge, skills and behaviours that will assist in developing or enhancing leadership and management techniques, either wholly or as part of their work role. The Level 8 Higher Diploma is a professional qualification with a syllabus that comprehensively covers all aspects of the manager’s role and is based around practical experience and reflective practice.
What will I experience?
- In depth leadership development –focussed on the diverse range of competencies central to leadership - strategy development and enactment, task planning, relationship building and change management.
- Real world application: Challenging reflective assignments that require you to use your learning in practice
- Access to the right tools for the best insight - opportunity to engage with psychometric assessments and feedback to help you navigate your professional development
- Peer learning and networking: Learning within a community of managers and professionals - collaborating together to learn
- Industry and Academic Experience: A team of lecturers with experience in academia and industry: A team of Management Consultants, Work and Organisational Psychologists, Coaches and Career Development Experts deliver modules in this programme.
- Career Bootcamps and Career Services: The opportunity to focus on your next steps, and developing the skills to communicate your value effectively.
What opportunities might it lead to?
Upon successful completion of the programme, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of a number of business leadership issues
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of theoretical concepts relevant to workplace competencies
- Demonstrate broad analytical skills and propose solutions to appropriate managerial issues within an organisational environment
- Be able to exercise appropriate judgement, apply appropriate solutions to managerial activity, and implement their solution in a creative and effective manner
- Use advanced skills to apply academic concepts and experiential learning in a creative fashion to a range of business management situations and contexts
- Act under guidance while working with peers in researching management issues and proposing solutions to these issues
- Manage independent learning in variable and unfamiliar business contexts
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of application of leadership in a business environment
Assessments for the modules will include a combination of individual and group projects, reflective assignments, online presentations, reports and forum based assignments.
- Course Fees:
- Free for eligible Springboard participants
- Course Commencement Date:
Duration (Number of Weeks) : 15 weeks per Semester (2 Semesters in total)
Days of Week and Times: Mondays and Thursdays*
Saturday Dates: 12th of October, 2019; 22nd of February, 2020*
- Course Award:
- Higher Diploma
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 8
- Department of Business & Management
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Applicants should possess an NFQ level 7 Ordinary Degree in any discipline or equivalent.