Higher Diploma Business
Why take this course?
The Higher Diploma in Business is a one-year programme which is aimed at developing the range of cross-enterprise skills required of modern competitive organisations. The programme is ideal for anyone without a business qualification wishing to develop key business and management skills over two semesters. It has been designed with business skills as a dominant focus.
The course is designed with strong industry input with a view to producing more efficient and effective employees. Incorporating modules such as Management and Strategy, Economics, Marketing, Business Law, Entrepreneurship, Financial management, Business applications and HRM, this programme provides an opportunity to pursue a career in management and leadership in organisations. All modules assume no previous knowledge of the subject. This programme provides you with the fundamental skills to work in business, and will complement your existing degree. It also provides you with an opportunity for further postgraduate study.
What will I experience?
On this course you can:·
- On this course you can gain a thorough understanding of essential business management functions
- Acquire the skills, knowledge and competencies to play an active role in the management and development of business enterprises
- Engage with lecturers who are experienced in their field and are passionate about sharing their knowledge
- Proceed to a postgraduate qualification.
What opportunities might it lead to?
Once you graduate, you will gain an established and nationally recognised qualification that will equip you for employment in a wide range of business settings. The skills needed for modern organisations have changed significantly and this course will seek to address the modern skills needs in business management.
Here are some routes our graduates have been successful in gaining employment in businesses both nationally and internationally.
- Business development and consultancy
- Financial and risk analysis
- Operations management
- Innovation management
- Establishing new business start ups
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year
- Course Award:
- Higher Diploma
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 8
- Department of Business & Management
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Students with a level 7 or level 8 degree in any discipline other than business studies are eligible to apply for this programme.
Careers & Opportunities
Students who successfully complete this programme, with a classification of 2.2 or higher, are eligible to apply for the Master of Business In Athlone Institute of Technology.