English for General Studies (Beginners English)
Why take this course?
The aim of this module is to enable international students to use effectively the productive and receptive skills of English language.
This course is ideally suited for those who wish to develop a better understanding of the English language, and develop competence in listening, speaking and writing.
What will I experience?
On completion of this single subject the learner should be able to Communicate ideas effectively by written means in a manner intended to the appropriate audience;
• Demonstrate a variety of writing skills through the preparation of a writing portfolio;
• Use English to interact in social and general situations;
• Demonstrate effective listening and comprehension skills in a variety of general and social contexts;
• Pronounce English in both words and sentences to a level that is readily understood by a native speaker;
• Demonstrate different reading skills (skimming, scanning and intensive reading) according to the purpose required;
• Apply English skills in a variety of communication activities such as online communication and social networking.
Single Subject: This is a standalone qualification, however students are required to complete academic work and assessment to achieve the single subject certificate.
Enquiries: Maria Slevin - email@example.com
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year P/T
- Course Commencement Date:
7.00pm Thursday 21 September 2017
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements: