Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Digital Marketing
CAO Course Code
Why take this course?
The digital economy is flourishing and with more and more brands putting a focus on digital marketing, demand for suitably qualified candidates is skyrocketing. As a result, digital marketing is one of the few sectors where demand for graduates is exceeding supply. In fact, the digital skills gap is so great, the European Commission has estimated that there are 900,000 unfilled digital jobs across Europe. It’s clear that a qualification in digital marketing will go a long way towards future-proofing your career and increasing things like job security.
It’s important to note, digital marketing is what we call a ‘broad church’ discipline which means it caters for a wide variety of interests and abilities. Among the most in-demand digital marketing skills currently are digital advertising, content and digital asset creation, content strategy and social media marketing. This is great news for creative types! For those who veer more towards the more analytical end of the spectrum, hard skills, including advanced data analytics, never go out of fashion.
Students undertaking this four-year honours degree programme will learn digital marketing theory, for example, cyber psychology, whilst getting hands-on practical experience from academics with industry experience. This will be crucial to your constant development and upskilling because digital marketing is an ever evolving, fast-moving field.
Our much sought-after graduates have found employment in digital marketing agencies and SMEs in the Midlands and beyond. If you have an interest in business, marketing and both the creative and scientific aspects of digital, then this course is ideal for you.
What will I experience?
During this degree, you can:
- Develop creative content, apply SEO and explore cyberpsychology and its ability to alter human behaviours within the context of real life digital marketing campaigns;
- Experience an internationalised campus with large numbers of European and Asian students undertaking degree programmes who bring a global focus to your learning experience;
- Enjoy lecturers’ wealth of industry experience and the faculty’s extensive links with industry, commerce and the public sector;
- Undertake a semester or a year abroad at one of AIT’s overseas partner universities. For example, AIT has business links with the Aix Marseille Université, Aix-en-Provence, France and the University of Graz, Austria.
What opportunities might it lead to?
By 2020, Ireland’s digital economy is expected to exceed €21.1 billion, creating 150,000 jobs in the process. Graduates will develop the skills necessary to qualify them to work in an in-house and agency capacity which is key to rounding out their skillset. These jobs include:
- Digital Marketing Executive,
- Online Marketing Executive,
- Social Content Manager,
- Search Marketing Consultant,
- Digital Analytics Manager,
- Digital Project Manager,
- Front End Development Lead,
- Digital Media Senior,
- Digital Marketing Account Executive,
- PPC Account Executive, • Brand Manager.
Industry partners & industry certification
All students have the option of seeking the following additional certification when completing this programme:
- Hubspot Inbound Marketing Certification (SEO Module),
- Google Analytics for Beginners Certification (SEO Module),
- Advanced Google Analytics Certification, (Advanced Web Analytics Module),
- Google AdWords Fundamentals Certification (Advanced Web Analytics Module),
- Google Search Advertising Certification (Advanced Web Analytics Module).
- Course Duration:
- 4 Year
- CAO Course Code:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 8
- Department of Business & Management
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Grade H5 at higher level in two subjects, plus Grade O6/H7 in four other subjects in the Leaving Certificate. Two of these subjects must be mathematics and a language (English or Irish).
QQI: QQI applicants to this programme must hold one of the following awards: Business Administration (5M2468), Business Studies (5M2102), Marketing (5M2069), Office Administration (5M1997), International Trade (5M2111). They must also hold distinctions in 3 modules.
Careers & Opportunities
This qualification will furnish you with a wide and varied skillset meaning you will have the ability to work in enumerable in-house and agency positions where the demands for marketing with social media skills are apparent. Graduates from this degree have secured employment in many roles such as: Digital Marketing Assistant, Web Designer, Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing Manager and SEO Consultant.
As a graduate of this programme, you are eligible to apply for a level 9 master’s programme such as a Master of Business here at AIT. Full details of our postgraduate programmes are contained in the AIT postgraduate prospectus.