Certificate in Chocolate Confectionery and Desserts
Why take this course?
This programme aims to introduce students to the fundamentals of Chocolate Making. Throughout it expands on the application of scientifc principles and production processes underpinning this discipline. On completion of this module the participants should be able to
• Interpret the principles underpinning the processes used in chocolate confection
• Apply the skills necessary for tempering chocolate.
• Design and construct a themed chocolate showpiece.
• Produce a variety of seasonal and occasional chocolate confections
• Employ various specialised tools and equipment used in the production of modern and traditional chocolate confections.
Classes will consist of demonstrations followed by practical group work, the use of multimedia resources will be employed in the form of instructional videos and screencasts.
What will I experience?
• Produce Flavoured Ganache,
• Learn how to temper chocolate,
• Explore the process of colouring chocolate and applying various techniques in order to create a range of textural and visual effects,
• Produce moulded chocolates and truffes,
• Make novelty fgures and decorations and a range of hand dipped items,
• Create a chocolate showpiece.
What opportunities might it lead to?
On completion an individual will have gained the necessary skills to enhance their chances of pursuing a career in this area which is essential in the hospitality sector.
Please note: Institute Induction is on Saturday 22 September from 9.30am to 1.00pm. Attendance on that date is compulsory
Please note that for health and safety reasons, participants will have to purchase and wear protective clothing.
Enquiries: Kevin Ward, Course Tutor - email@example.com
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 12 Weeks
- Course Commencement Date:
6.00pm Tuesday 18 September 2018.
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning