Certificate CERTIFICATE IN VOLUNTEERING
Why take this course?
The aim of the Certificate in Volunteering is to equip the student with a knowledge and understanding of overseas volunteerism. The philosophy underpinning this course is an eclectic approach to learning involving a combination of the traditional teacher-behaviourist approach and the more student-centred humanistic model, which views the student as central to the process of learning.
What will I experience?
• Volunteerism-preparation and planning. Self-awareness, Motivation, Teams & Teamwork.
• The construct and work of Non-governmental Organisations. Culture & cultural awareness.
• Geo-Political awareness. Social Inequalities.
• Fundraising, Legal & Ethical Management of funding raised.
• The role, purpose and management of Reflective Diaries and Reflective Practice. Experiential learning as a volunteer
• Personal Development, Debriefing & Professional Boundaries·
• Personal Healthcare Self-Care & Security. Travel planning. Personal Travel & Health Insurance Progression.
Duration: 2 Saturdays
Enquiries: Jenny Cooper - email@example.com
- Course Fees:
- Course Commencement Date:
1 Saturday in October 2017, and 1 Saturday in November 2017 – Dates TBA.
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements: