Certificate in the Fundamentals of BioPharmaChem and Med-Technology [October 2017]
Why take this course?
The aim of this program is to up-skill people (irrespective of their current employment status) to work in the growing bio-pharma/med-tech sector. It is envisaged this target group will be a mix of people who currently work in the sector seeking to up-skill andpeople seeking to gain entry to employment in this sector.
Duration: 12 weeks Tuesday and Thursday 6.00pm to 10.00pm
(Note: The programme may be delivered in regional locations (Tullamore, Mullingar, Longford depending on sufficient enrolments) and at different times – details from the Department of Lifelong Learning.
- Course Duration:
- 12 Weeks
- Course Commencement Date:
6.00pm Tuesday 3 October 2017
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
(a) Mature applicants (i.e. over 23 years of age)
(b) Leaving Certificate Grade D3 in five subjects at ordinary level (or equivalent) to include mathematics and a language (English or Irish), or equivalent.
Janine King - Course Co-ordinator
Tel: 090 6483054
Careers & Opportunities
It is intended that this course is suitable for three cohorts of individuals:
1) Those who wish to understand and gain entry to the Biopharma and Med-Technology sectors
2) Individuals with a production, science, logistics, technical or quality background who want to make a career change into the growing pharmaceutical, bio pharmaceutical and medical device sectors
3) Those already working in these sectors wishing to reskill, for example those within the sector wishing to move to quality assurance/ validation and regulatory roles.