Certificate in Sports Psychology
Why take this course?
This programme aims to introduce students to the fundamentals of Psychology with an emphasis on Sport and Sports Psychology. Throughout, it expands on the application of psychology to understanding health performance and the complexity of the relationship between physical and psychological well-being in a sporting environment. On completion, graduates will have an appreciation of Sports Psychology and its relevance to the sports person and team environment. Development of communication skills also forms part of the programme.
What will I experience?
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to psychology and sports psychology
- Psychology of learning
- Theories of personality
- Social psychology
- Sports Psychology
- The role of the sports psychologist
- Psychology of the athlete, personality and mood
- Burnout, mental health issues associated with the competitive environment
- Motivation theory and models
- Anxiety, arousal and stress relationships and sports performance
- Group dynamics and leadership in team sports
- Social identity theory and conflict management
- Aggression, violence and competition
- Psychological skills training (PST) and intervention strategies
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year
- Course Commencement Date:
Monday 17th September 2018
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Minimum Entry Requirements
Mature applicant or Grade O6 at ordinary level in of these subjects must be mathematics and a language (English or Irish). or Any QQI level 5 qualification is acceptable.