Certificate in Project Management
Why take this course?
This certificate programme introduces candidates to the fundamentals of project management. It provides training on the tools and techniques needed to plan, manage and execute projects. An overview of established project management methodologies, Waterfall (PMBok) and Agile, will also be provided. The programme provides the requisite project management education needed to apply for both the Certifed Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and the Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications with the Project Management Institute (PMI).
What will I experience?
- Organisational context: strategy, structure, and culture
- Project selection and portfolio
- Leadership and the project manager
- Scope management
- Project team building, conflict, and negotiation
- Risk management
- Cost estimation and budgeting
- Project scheduling: network
- Duration estimation, and critical path
- Project scheduling: lagging, crashing, and activity networks,
- Resource management
- Project closeout and termination
Institute induction will take place on Saturday 22 September 2018 from 9.30am to 1.00pm. Attendance on that date is compulsory.
Enquiries; Maria Slevin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year
- Course Commencement Date:
6.00pm Wednesday 19 September 2018
Duration: 24 weeks Wednesday 6.00pm to 10.00pm
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certifcate examinations. Two of these subjects must be mathematics and a language (English or Irish).
Any QQI level 5 qualification is acceptable.