Certificate in Operations, Quality and Lean Management [Longford] (Springboard)
Why take this course?
The main objective of the Certificate in Operations, Quality and Lean Management is to provide learners of all backgrounds with the opportunity to explore and develop their interest in these industries and sectors.
This course will give learners the opportunity to further their skill, or re-skill and make a positive contribution to the economy through gaining an understanding of the dynamics of business and in particular from an industry perspective ensuring they are better at making decisions, solving problems and skilled for the workplace of the future.
The course is suitable for people who wish to develop their careers in the Manufacturing (e.g. Food, Biopharamchem, Med-Tech, Engineering) and/or service sectors (e.g. Retail, Hospitality, Call Centres, Financial Services) but with a specific interest in the area of quality operations.
On completion students will have a general business operations perspective complemented by skills in the area of Quality Assurance (Lean Six Sigma – Green Belt), and also have developed multidisciplinary skills in operations, quality and lean management
What will I experience?
On successful completion of this programme the learner will have the requisite skills and knowledge of
1) the business disciplines which form the basis for a successful career in the field of Operations, Quality and Lean Management in an industrial, commercial or public service setting.
2) environmental factors which impact the field of Operations, Quality and Lean Management, the growth, and the success of modern business organisations.
3) a variety of business related, Operations Management principles, Quality Management Principles and Lean Management skills as they apply to a wide range of business scenarios.
4) potential business and innovation opportunities, appropriate technologies, and operational tools appropriate to the modern business environment.
One year part-time
Two evenings per week 6.00pm to 10.00pm
PLUS three Saturdays per semester.
Please note there will be Induction on Saturday 21 September 2019 - this is compulsory for all applicants.
- Course Duration:
- 24 Weeks
- Course Commencement Date:
6.00pm Week of 23 September, 2019
Please note: Institute induction is on Saturday 21 September 2019 from 9.30am to 1.00pm. Attendance on that date is compulsory.
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Mature applicants (i.e. over 23 years of age)
Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate examinations. Two of these subjects must be mathematics and a language (English or Irish)
Any QQI level 5 qualification
an approved equivalent qualification.