Certificate in Operations, Quality and Lean Management
Why take this course?
The primary aim of this course is to produce competent workers in the field of Operations, Quality and Lean Management, with the appropriate multi-disciplinary skills to meet local, regional, and national needs at an introductory level.
This course will satisfy the minimum-skilled requirements for an individual wishing to commence work in an Operations, Quality and Lean Management environment.
What will I experience?
The objectives of the programme are:
1. To provide the students with a knowledge of those business disciplines which form the basis for a successful career in the field of Operations, Quality and Lean Management in an industrial, commercial or public service setting.
2. To develop the student’s understanding of the environmental factors which impact the field of Operations, Quality and Lean Management, the growth, and the success of modern business organisations.
3. To enhance the student’s awareness of the functional areas of business.
4. To develop the student’s ability to apply a variety of business related, Operations Management principles, Quality Management Principles and Lean Management skills to a wide range of business scenarios.
5. To increase the student’s awareness of how effective interpersonal relations at work contributes to the public image of an organisation and to its success.
6. To enhance student’s awareness of potential business and innovation opportunities, appropriate technologies, and operational tools appropriate to the modern business environment.
7. To cultivate a culture of entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and innovation amongst students.
8. To develop the student’s communication skills.
9. To provide the necessary foundation for those students who may wish to proceed to a further qualification.
Duration: 1 year: 24 weeks Tuesday and Thursday 6.00pm to 10.00pm
Note: The programme may be delivered in regional locations (Tullamore, Mullingar, Longford depending on sufficient enrolments and at different times – details from the Department of Lifelong Learning.
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year P/T
- Course Commencement Date:
6.00pm Tuesday 3 October 2017
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
(a) Mature applicants (i.e. over 23 years of age)
(b) Leaving Certificate Grade D3 in five subjects at ordinary level (or equivalent) to include mathematics and a language (English or Irish), or equivalent.
Janine King Course Co-ordinator
Tel: 090 6483054
Careers & Opportunities
The course is suitable for people who wish to develop their careers in the Manufacturing (e.g. Food, Biopharamchem, Med-Tech, Engineering) and/or service sectors (e.g. Retail, Hospitality, Call Centres, Financial Services) but with a specific interest in the area of quality operations.
On completion students will have a general business operations perspective complemented by skills in the area of Quality Assurance (Lean Six Sigma – Green Belt), and also have developed multidisciplinary skills in operations, quality and lean management.