Certificate in Operational Security and Crime Risk Management
Why take this course?
The main aim of the Certificate in Operational Security and Crime Risk Management is to provide learners of all backgrounds with the operational security and crime risk management skills that will enable them to be competent supervisors in an operational security role.
The objectives of the programme are:
• To provide the students with a knowledge of those business disciplines which form the basis for a successful career in the field of operational security and crime risk management in an industrial, commercial or public service setting
• To develop the students’ understanding of the environmental factors which impact the field of operational security and crime risk management
• To enhance the students’ awareness of the functional areas of operational security including Health and Safety
• To develop the students’ ability to apply a variety of operational security and crime risk management principles and competencies to a wide range of operational risk scenarios
• To increase the students’ awareness of how effective interpersonal relations at work contributes to the public image of an organisation and to its success
• To enhance students’ awareness of appropriate technologies and operational tools appropriate to the modern security environment
What will I experience?
Understanding operational security and crime risk management,
• Managing and supervising people
• Regulation, standards and crime in the security industry
• Professional development, communications and career planning
• Security and emergency risk management
• Physical security and technology
The lectures will be delivered through a combination of online and facilitated classroom-based workshop
Please note: Institute Induction is on Saturday 22 September 2018 from 9.30am to 1.00pm. Attendance on that date is compulsory
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year
- Course Commencement Date:
Tuesday 18th September at 6pm
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate examinations. Two of these subjects must be mathematics and a language (English or Irish).
Any QQI level 5 qualification is acceptable.