Certificate Certificate in Food and Beverage Operations
Why take this course?
- This course is designed for those who wish to work in service roles in the hotel/ restaurant/ contract catering sectors.
- This course includes a mixture of classroom and practical hospitality classes. These are taught in our state-of-the-art facilities, which include dedicated training kitchens, a stylish restaurant and modern classrooms and IT labs.
- The course is free for everyone. You will receive a uniform and knife set on registration.
What will I experience?
- Core subjects covered including Food Service, Communication, Marketing, Beverage Studies and more.
- You will learn fundamental food and beverage skills from our dedicated and highly experience lecturers, taught in our fantastic facilities.
- On this course you take a compulsory work placement at the end of your first year.
What opportunities might it lead to?
- The Department of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure offers all students the opportunity to take part in overseas field trips to explore international hospitality. In the last three years our students have visited China, Dubai, Malaysia, Poland, Italy, France and Spain, among others.
- Completion of the course will allow you to progress to year 2 of the Higher Certificate in Bar Supervision.
- Completion of the course will open up new opportunities in the food and beverage service sector.
- Applications to be made on www.springboardcourses.ie
- Applicants must also upload supporting documentation with regard to eligibility on the Springboard AMS.
- Please contact Ms Georgina Hogan on firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries
You will be assessed through:
- Practical work
- Continuous assessment
- Course Fees:
- Free for eligible Springboard participants
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year
- Course Commencement Date:
- Induction 16th September
- Teaching starts 23rd September
- Course Award:
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure Studies
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Candidates must have a Level 5 (i.e. Leaving Certificate or full Further Education award) to gain admittance for a Level 6 course.
- Mature candidates (23+) are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who do not have English as a first language will have to demonstrate competence in ability to complete assignments.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in working in the hospitality industry.
Dymphna Scanlon, Lecturer in Hospitality Management
"The hospitality industry is a dynamic, ever evolving industry that provides a wealth of employment opportunities around the world. Now is the right time to begin your career in this fantastic industry!"
Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure students in Dubai, 2017
"Dubai was an incredible experience for us. It was a place we never thought we would have wanted to visit but now we have a whole new perspective for ourfuture careers! We loved seeing the different culture and learning about the history of Dubai."
Hospitality students in Shanghai, 2018
Annual field trips to world leading cities help students develop awareness of global issues, standards and opportunities.
Anna Pilska, Diploma in Restaurant Management, 2015
"The Diploma in Restaurant Management gave me the best professional preparation and confidence in my work performance. I had many years experience in restaurants before, but that course opened my mind to what I was doing right or wrong."
Careers & Opportunities
Upon completion of this course you can progress to Year 2 of our Higher Certificate in Bar Supervision (full time)
Higher Certificate in Arts Bar Supervision
Higher Certificate in Arts