Certificate in Contract & Employment Law
Why take this course?
The main aim of the Certificate in Contract and Employment Law is to provide learners of all backgrounds the opportunity to explore and develop their interest in Contract and Employment Law.
What will I experience?
• Nature of Contracts in Common law jurisdictions
• Essential elements of a legally binding contract
• Contractual terms
• Express and implied terms – Sale of Goods Acts
• Exemption clauses
• Vitiating Factors
• Remedies for breach and nonperformance
• Relevant legislation
• Nature of employment
• Essential elements of contracts of employment
• Conditions of Employment
• Employment Equality
• Protective Legislation
• Health & Safety Legislation
• Consultation and Information
• Industrial Relations.
Please note that Induction and Legal Research writing classes will take place from 9.30am to 5.00pm Saturday 23 September 2017.
Enquiries: Jenny Cooper - email@example.com.
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 24 Weeks
- Course Commencement Date:
6.00pm Thursday 21 September 2017
Duration: 1 year: 24 weeks. Thursday 6.00pm to 10.00pm. In addition to selected Saturdays.
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Careers & Opportunities
This is a standalone qualification. However, as a graduate you will be exempt from the above modules on the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Law delivered on a part-time time basis at the Institute.