Certificate in Business in Entreprenuership
Why take this course?
This programme has been designed to enhance the skills of those interested in the area of entrepreneurship and innovation. The main aim of this course is to provide an opportunity for students to develop the technical, entrepreneurial, interpersonal, innovation and managerial knowledge, skills and competencies required for a variety of job opportunities in their own business.
The programmes intends to:
• Provide the students with a knowledge of those business disciplines which form the basis for a successful career as an entrepreneur.
• Develop the students’ understanding of the environmental factors which impact upon entrepreneurial development, the innovation culture, the growth, and the success of modern
• Increase the students’ awareness of how effective interpersonal relations at work contributes to the public image of an organisation and to its success.
• Enhance students’ awareness of potential business and innovation opportunities, sources of finance, appropriate technologies, marketing strategies and social media tools
appropriate to the modern business environment.
• Cultivate a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation amongst students.
• Develop the students’ communication skills.
What will I experience?
- Learning and Development for Higher Education
- The Business Environment and the Entrepreneur
- E-Business and Web Creation
- Sales Theory, Practice and the Pitch
- Creativity & Ideation for Product Innovation
- Professional Development, Career Planning and Mentoring
- Finance for Entrepreneurs
- Social Media Applications
- Entrepreneurial Skills
Please note: Institute induction and commencement of the Learning and Development for Higher Education module is on Saturday 23 September 2017 from 9.30am to 5.00pm.
Attendance on that date is compulsory.
Enquiries: Jenny Cooper - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 24 Weeks
- Course Commencement Date:
6.00pm Tuesday 19 September 2017
Duration:1 year: 24 weeks Tuesday and Thursday 6.00pm to 10.00pm
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Leaving Certificate with Ordinary Level Grade D3 in 5 subjects to include Mathematics and a language (English or Irish), or equivalent.
or Mature applicant