Certificate in Accommodation & Front Office Management
Why take this course?
This programme has been designed by the Department of Lifelong Learning to support those who are considering applying for jobs with Center Parcs, Longford and/or other Hospitality providers in the Midlands. Center Parcs, have advised that they will require up to 1000 staff in a variety of roles namely 50 roles in Retail, 240 roles in food and beverage, 250 roles in Leisure, 300 roles in Housekeeping, 60 roles in Administration, 50 roles in Guest services and security, 50 roles in Maintenance and Landscaping. All roles expected to commence by 2019.
The aim of this programme is to provide an opportunity for students to develop the technical, accommodation, hospitality, interpersonal, and front office knowledge, skills and competencies required for a variety of job opportunities in the hospitality sector.
The programme intends:
• To provide the students with a knowledge of those business disciplines and skill areas which form the basis for a successful career in the accommodation and front office area of the hospitality sector.
• To develop the students’ understanding of the environmental factors which impact upon the hospitality sector, the innovation culture, the growth, and the success of modern business organisations.
• To enhance students’ awareness of customer service and environment, health and safety management appropriate to the modern hospitality business environment.
• To cultivate a culture of responsibility, professionalism and innovation among students.
What will I experience?
• Introduction to Customer Service, Business and Management
• Environment, Health & Safety Management
• Accommodation Operations and Housekeeping
• Front Office Operations
• Industry Software for Hospitality and Leisure
• Professional Development, Career Planning and Mentoring
• College Work Based Project
Please note: Institute induction is on Saturday 23 September 2017 from 9.30am to 1.00pm.
Attendance on that date is compulsory.
Enquiries; Jenny Cooper - email@example.com
- Course Fees:
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year P/T
- Course Commencement Date:
Tuesday 19 September 2017,
Plus one Saturday per month
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Leaving Certificate with Ordinary Level Grade D3 in 5 subjects, to include Mathematics and a language (English or Irish), or equivalent
or Mature applicant.