BSc in Quality and Lean Management (Springboard)
Why take this course?
This programme is aimed at those already working in a quality-related function, or aspiring to do so. The programme covers the management principles necessary for the achievement of customer satisfaction from a quality and lean management perspective in a way that makes an enterprise competitive. Developed in association with industry leaders, this specialist course promotes a critical awareness of the most recent advances in the field of Quality and Lean Management.
It is designed to apply across all industries however in recent times companies in the Med-Technology and Bio Pharma industries have been to the forefront in seeking this qualification.
Their objective to reskill or upskill existing employees to take up roles in the area quality and lean management. It is also suitable for unemployed persons that meet the entry requirements.
What will I experience?
On successful completion of this programme the learner will have detailed knowledge of:
- Quality management frameworks and standards.
- The interpretation of regulations and guidelines for the pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical, medical device sectors and other regulated industries.
- The role of quality managers and quality supervisors in promoting and managing quality within an organisation.
- Specific statistical process control tools that are used to identify quality issues.
- Management systems and laboratory practices.
- The use of auditing techniques to identify non-compliance issues.
- Lean Six Sigma and its application across industries.
What opportunities might it lead to?
This degree programme provides a pathway into roles initially such as Quality Technician or Engineer. Many graduates go on to become quality managers, or pursue specialist careers within the Quality Profession, for example vendor engineer, validation specialist or quality systems manager. They may also branch out into related areas in their organisation such as production management, supply chain management or marketing.
Blended Delivery - this course will be delivered mostly online with some face to face classroom based workshops.
One year online.
Two evenings per week online 7.00pm to 9.00pm.
PLUS three Saturdays (face to face classes/workshops in AIT) per semester.
Janine King, Department of Lifelong Learning
Department of Lifelong Learning, Athlone Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath.
Please note there will be Induction in AIT on Saturday 21 September 2019 - this is compulsory for all applicants.
- Course Duration:
- 30 Weeks
- Course Commencement Date:
6.00pm on Monday the week of 23 September, 2019
- Course Award:
- Bachelor of Science
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 7
- Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Mature applicants over 23 years of age who have completed the Certificate in Operations, Quality and Lean Management (L6) or equivalent recognised qualification with five years relevant work experience.