Bachelor of Science Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Nursing one year add on degree
Why take this course?
Affordable tuition fees and living expenses.
• Post-study work visa policy - graduates of this programme can remain in Ireland for up to one year after graduating with attractive salaries.
• Part-time work opportunities - 20 hours per week during academic term and 40 hours during the holiday period. Whilst studying students can apply to work part-time as care assistants.
• Internationally recognised qualification.
• Ireland is a friendly, safe and English speaking country.
• Experience Ireland’s unique culture and history during your time in Athlone.
What will I experience?
“The lecturers in AIT have excellent teaching skills and are very patient with the students. They are extremely dedicated, approachable and friendly. Athlone is a beautiful place to live and located in the centre of the country just one hour from Dublin”.
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year
- Course Commencement Date:
10 January 2018
- Course Award:
- Bachelor of Science
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 8
- Dept of Nursing & Healthcare
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Diploma (Level 7) or equivalent qualification will be required for entry to this programme.
• Minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent with no Band less than 6.0.
Students applying for entry to undergraduate or postgraduate programmes should supply the following information directly to the International Office, Athlone Institute of Technology on or before 30 September 2017 for January 2018 intake:
• A Completed AIT application form;
• A Detailed curriculum vitae;
• Certified transcripts of examination results and qualification in English;
• Evidence of ability to follow classes in the English language (which must satisfy Institute entry requirements e.g IELTS 6.5 or equivalent;
• A Letter of recommendation from appropriate Head of Department or lecturer at home institution;
• Any other relevant information regarding qualifications or previous work experience;
• Evidence of registration with Nursing Board/Nursing Regulator in home country.
Note: Clinical placement must have been completed as part of Diploma level studies in home country.