Bachelor of Business Business
Why take this course?
Flexibility is key across our range of highly successful Business programmes. This affords you the option to be as specialised or generalist as you wish while acquiring a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the modern business world. You may decide to specialise in an area such as marketing, finance, IT or management or to follow a generalist pathway covering the wide range of business subjects.
This course should appeal to those with a particular interest in business and in the interactions and relationships between people, organisations and their environment. If you wish, you will have the opportunity to undertake a semester or a full year of your degree at one of TUS’s prestigious overseas partner universities.
What will I experience?
- You will experience a supportive and stimulating student-centric environment with experienced lecturers, upgraded and comfortable study areas and state of the art IT facilities to help you achieve your potential in your chosen area of study.
- We will encourage and assist you in developing the analytical, critical and creative skills needed to succeed in today’s business world. You will be exposed to a variety of teaching methods including lectures, tutorials, project work, case studies, presentations and practical workshops all supported by the college’s Moodle on-line learning system.
- Your learning will be enhanced by the excellent links we have forged in the industrial, commercial and public sectors as we strive to reflect the global and dynamic nature of business in the twenty-first century.
What opportunities might it lead to?
Graduates from this programme have gone on to pursue a wide variety of careers in companies ranging from small indigenous Irish firms to large multi-national corporations. The course will prepare you for positions in areas such as general business, accounting, banking and finance, computing, marketing, sales, retail services, human resource management and entrepreneurship.
The college careers team can help you explore different job sectors, give you advice on CV preparation and arrange interviews with prospective employers.
If you wish to pursue further study, holders of this qualification will be eligible to progress to the Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Level 8) programme which will take one further year to complete.
You have the opportunity to undertake a semester or a year of your degree at one of TUS’s overseas partner universities. For example, TUS has business links with the Karel de Grote University College, Belgium and Université de Rennes, France.
Course modules are assessed individually with methods of assessment varying according to the nature of the subject. Assessment should generally reflect the student-centred nature of course delivery and may include some or all of the following:
- Problem solving
- Project work
- Group work
- Course Duration:
- 1 Year
- Course Award:
- Bachelor of Business
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 7
- Dept of Business & Management
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
A Higher Certificate in Business or an approved equivalent Level 6 qualification is required.
This was an informative, challenging and fun course that provided me with the array of knowledge and skills I will need for future employment.
Careers & Opportunities
This course helps to prepare you for a career in areas such as general business, accounting, banking, insurance, marketing, management, administration, retail services and computing.
As a holder of this qualification you will be eligible to apply to join the Bachelor of Business (Hons) (Level 8) programme at AIT.