Bachelor of Arts Business, Enterprise and community development
Why take this course?
This is Year Three of a four year BA (Hons) in Business, in Social Enterprise, Leadership & Management. It is a part-time Distance Learning Programme Accredited by Athlone Institute of Technology and delivered by Equal Ireland at various locations around the country. Students will have the opportunity to develop your interest in the fields of Business, Enterprise & Community Development and to enhance your competencies towards becoming effective administrators, managers or organisers in these areas.
What will I experience?
This programme will be of particular interest to you if you are:
- A Graduate of Equal Ireland’s Higher Certificate in Business, Enterprise & Community Development
- A Graduate of a Comparative Level 6 programme
- An owner/Manager or Sole Trader
- A Community Activist
- An Entrepreneur with a business idea
- A Volunteer in a Community Group or Organisation
What opportunities might it lead to?
The programme will be delivered through Workshops held locally or centrally, or through a mixture of both. Engagement is on average two days per month over a 12 month period. An increasing proportion of delivery will be online using our eLearning platform.
Key Learning Supports:
- The EQUAL Ireland Moodle eLearning Platform
- Access to tutor and other support staff between workshops
- Module Manuals
- Summary Video Presentations
- Organised Study Groups
- Course Duration:
- 2 Years
- Course Commencement Date:
- Course Award:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 7
- Dept of Accounting & Business Computing, Dept of Lifelong Learning
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Applicants are required to have successfully achieved either:
- A Level 6 Higher Certificate award in a relevant discipline
- The EQUAL Ireland Higher Certificate in Business, Enterprise & Community Development
- Successful completion from a Recognition of Prior Learning Portfolio (RPL)