Bachelor of Business Digital Marketing
CAO Course Code
Why take this course?
Digital is transforming how we communicate with each other. Digital marketing has also become the most common strategic marketing tool for business today and we have designed a course that creates talented digital marketing professionals to work in this exciting and dynamic field.
If you have an interest in business, marketing and both the creative and scientific aspects of digital, then this course is ideal for you.
Our much sought after graduates have found employment in digital marketing agencies and SMEs in the midlands and beyond.
What will I experience?
On this degree, you can:
- Develop creative content, apply SEO and explore cyberpsychology & its ability to alter human behaviours within the context of real life company’s digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience an internationalised campus with large numbers of European and Asian students undertaking degree programmes who bring a global focus to your learning experience.
- Enjoy lecturers’ extensive industry experience and the faculty’s extensive links with industry, commerce and the public sector.
- Undertake a semester or a year of your degree at one of AIT’s overseas partner universities. For example, AIT has business links with the Aix Marseille Université, Aix-en-Provence and the University of Graz, Austria.
What opportunities might it lead to?
Ireland’s digital economy is expected to be worth €21.1 billion by 2020, creating 150,000 jobs. Graduates will develop a wide set of skills that would qualify them to work in junior positions in small/medium size enterprises and in digital marketing agencies. These jobs include:
- Digital marketing executive
- Online marketing executive
- Social content manager
- Search marketing consultant
- Digital analtyics manager
- Digital project manager
- Front end development lead
- Digital media senior
- Digital marketing account executive
- PPC account executive
- Brand manager
Students who complete this programme will have the opportunity to avail of Google Certification in the area of Google Analytics.
We provide students with a set of transferable skills with a strong focus on practical skills , problem solving and case study work. We place a lot of emphasis on student support and so we aim to provide a learning environment that is both stimulating and academically challenging, whilst also supporting your learning. You will encounter a range of teaching methods from:
- Practical classes
- Projects and case studies
- Group work
- Guest lectures
- Portfolio work
- Integrated assessments
- Course Duration:
- 3 Years
- Registration Closing Date:
- Course Commencement Date:
- CAO Course Code:
- Cut Off CAO Points:
- Median CAO Points:
- Course Award:
- Bachelor of Business
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 7
- Department of Business & Management
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Grade 06 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate examination. Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish).
Any QQI level 5 qualification is acceptable.
If you want to immerse yourself in the world of digital marketing learning in an environment where lecturers and students work closely together in world class facilities, then the Bachelor of Business in Digital Marketing is the course for you.
This course not only taught me how to build and design websites but how to create content (videos, images, blog posts add) to optimize websites for SEO. I secured employment immediately after graduating from AIT in my role as a web development manager.
Careers & Opportunities
A high percentage of students who undertake the level 7 avail of many job opportunities on graduation.
In the Level 8, students will have the opportunity to work on a Industry based project, where they will work on a digital marketing strategy with a business. Students will be mentored in the college throughout this project.
A Level 8 qualification gives you a very wide set of skills and you will have the ability work in junior positions in small/medium size enterprises where the demands for marketing with social media skills are apparent.
Bachelor of Business(hons) in Digital Marketing Level 8
Bachelor of Business (Honours)