Higher Certificate in Arts Bar Supervision
CAO Course Code
Why take this course?
Shake up your career and study Bar Supervision in Athlone Institute of technology. This is a qualification that is recognised worldwide, whether you want to advance in your current position within an existing hospitality business or begin a career in the industry, this is the course for you.Find out more about this course and our facilities by attending one of our regular open evenings where you can meet teaching staff and current students.
Placement will prepare you to develop an awareness of the working environment and apply theoretical and practical knowledge gained in your studies.Students in the Department of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure are eligible to take part in annual international fieldtrips. In 2016 we visited Paris, Poznan and Beijing and in 2017 we visited Dubai and Italy. Joining us in September 2017? Then you could come on our next trip to Shanghai, in March 2018.
What will I experience?
On this course you can:
- A state of the art bright training facility with a fully loaded, working cocktail bar, craft beer bar, barista station, walk in cold room with state of the art cooling systems all in the guise of your classroom, it is what our current students call ‘the perfect learning environment’.
- Guest lectures from past and present students who are working in some of Ireland/world’s best establishments;
- Visits to breweries, distilleries, bars, pubs, hotels and night clubs;
- Industry experience tutors teach on this structured course;
- You will meet some fantastic people from all over the world and hopefully make friends for life;
- Industry placement of your choice after your first semester.
What opportunities might it lead to?
The fact that the licensed industry has remained so popular is a tribute to the quality of the product. The bar manager plays a central role here, managers must be first class merchandisers, superb people managers and be au fait with profit and stock margins, when you have completed your studies here in AIT you could follow in many of our past graduates footsteps and work and manage pubs, clubs, bars and trade suppliers all over the globe.
If you wish to further your studies you could also progress into further courses here in AIT, such as the B.A. Hotel and Leisure Management (entry to 2nd year).
- Course Fees:
- Uniform, knives and materials fees.
- Course Duration:
- 2 Years
- Registration Closing Date:
- Course Commencement Date:
- CAO Course Code:
- Cut Off CAO Points:
- Median CAO Points:
- Course Award:
- Higher Certificate in Arts
- Course NFQ Level:
- Level 6
- Dept of Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure Studies
- Minimum Entry Requirements:
Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate examination. One of these subjects must be English.
Any QQI level 5 qualification is acceptable.