Application Procedures to AIT for European Union Students 2014-15
Students applying for entry onto first-year programmes should do so via the Irish Central Applications Office (CAO), stating their preference to study in Athlone Institute of Technology and course code. The Central Applications Office (CAO) may be contacted at:
Tel.: + 353 91 563269 or + 353 91 563318
Fax: + 353 91 562344
Check the CAO website with respect to application deadlines.
Applicants wishing to join a second, third or fourth year of a programme of study should supply the following information directly to the International Office, AIT:
- Completed AIT application form;
- Detailed curriculum vitae in English;
- Certified transcripts of examination results and English language translations of qualifications not issued in English. Subjects and examinations results should be translated into English and transcript should be stamped by the International Office of the home institute. If examination results are not available until after the application deadline, please forward examination results when available;
- Evidence of ability to follow classes in the English language (which must satisfy AIT entry requirements) or letter from home institute confirming that the student has the ability to follow classes in English;
- Letter of recommendation from appropriate Head of Department of own institution;
- Any other relevant information regarding qualifications or previous work experience.
The minimum entry requirements for programmes at AIT are detailed below:
Bachelor Degree (Honours) Level 8 - 180 credits
Bachelor Degree (Ordinary) Level 7 - 120 credits
Higher Certificate Level 6 Year 2 - 60 credits
Please submit applications for the academic year 2014/15 to the International Office, Athlone Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Athlone, Co. Westmeath, Ireland according to deadline:
1 May 2014.
Please note that the academic year will commence early in September 2014 and end on 20 June 2015.
A Student Services/Societies fee of approximately €90 for ERASMUS students and approximately €2500 for non-ERASMUS students is payable by students from within the European Union on registering at the Institute. This student services fee is subject to increase each year. Athlone Institute of Technology does not offer scholarships or grants. Students are advised to contact the appropriate local agencies regarding this matter.
If you have any queries regarding the above procedures or require further information, please contact Jackie Cunnane, International Office Coordinator:
Tel: + 353 90 6471818
Fax: + 353 90 6424631
Please note that fees may vary from year to year. The above procedures are subject to approval by the institute’s Academic Council.
Find a course that is right for you
or view the full A-Z listing