Dept of Business Studies
The business studies programmes at AIT have been designed to help you to acquire knowledge and develop skills for a variety of careers across a wide range of disciplines. The courses described in this prospectus cover not only general business, but also specific sectors and industries – such as the equine industry, the music instrument and technology business, or the real estate sector. This twin-track approach allows you to develop expert knowledge in a particular area, or, alternatively, to pursue a general business award.
A variety of career prospects is available to business graduates. Here are just a few: general management, administration, banking, insurance, human resources, marketing, event management, advertising, public relations, sales, office management, information technology, and property management. Rather than working for someone else, you may wish to establish your own business. The skills and knowledge which you develop will also help you achieve this objective. The popularity of the various programmes reflects the relevance of the qualifications on offer.
These are challenging times for Irish business and the public sector. Given the economic downturn, as well as increased national and international competition, there is a greater need than ever before for entrepreneurship, vision, imagination and sound business judgement. A business qualification from AIT can help you acquire the required knowledge and develop the necessary skills for a highly successful career. A dedicated staff team will support you fully along the journey.
Why Choose Business Studies at AIT?
- The Business School has extensive links with industry, commerce and the public sector, which influences and enriches all programmes.
- Our programmes provide excellent career opportunities for all graduates.
- Graduates from our honours degrees are deemed eligible by the Teaching Council to apply for a Postgraduate Diploma in Education.
- Our niche programmes are in high-growth industries and offer the prospect of exciting, rewarding careers.
- Our programmes offer the opportunity to study the major disciplines in business: accounting, finance, economics, management, marketing, human resources management.
- Subject to eligibility, you may progress to Master’s degree level/full professional examinations.
Find a course that is right for you
or view the full A-Z listing